Who we are
Our website address is: https://frenchmomcooking.com. We are a personal food blog, written by Florence, a.k.a French Mom.
You may contact us at anytime via the contact form available here. For privacy issues, and privacy issues only, you may contact Florence directly at FlorenceATfrenchmomcooking.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Data Used: Commenter’s name, email address, and site URL (if provided via the comment form), timestamp, and IP address. Additionally, a jetpack.wordpress.com IFrame receives the following data: WordPress.com blog ID attached to the site, ID of the post on which the comment is being submitted, commenter’s local user ID (if available), commenter’s local username (if available), commenter’s site URL (if available), MD5 hash of the commenter’s email address (if available), and the comment content. Because Akismet (also owned by Automattic) is enabled on the site, the following information is sent to the service for the sole purpose of spam checking: commenter’s name, email address, site URL, IP address, and user agent.
Activity Tracked: The comment author’s name, email address, and site URL (if provided during the comment submission) are stored in cookies. Learn more about these cookies.
Data Synced: All data and metadata (see above) associated with comments. This includes the status of the comment, and whether or not it was classified as spam by Akismet.
In order to process a post like action, the following information is used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID, WordPress.com username, WordPress.com-connected site ID (on which the post was liked), post ID (of the post that was liked), user agent, timestamp of event, browser language, country code.
When visitors use the contact form on the site, we collect the data shown in the contact form, for the purposes of replying to visitors who contact us.
The contact form submission data — IP address, user agent, name, email address, website, and message — is submitted to the Akismet service (also owned by Automattic) for the sole purpose of spam checking. The actual submission data is stored in the database of the site on which it was submitted and is emailed directly to the owner of the form (i.e. the site author who published the page on which the contact form resides). This email will include the submitter’s IP address, timestamp, name, email address, website, and message.
The IP address and user agent originally submitted with the comment are synced, as well, as they are stored in post meta.
- You may choose to subscribe to this blog by entering your email address and clicking on “subscribe” in the subscription box.
- Your email address will be used solely for the purpose of sending you emails informing you of new recipes posted on the blog. At no point in time, will we ever use your email address for any other purpose.
- You may unsubscribe at any time, and if so, your email will be immediately deleted from our files.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Data Used: In order to record page views, the following information is used: IP address, user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code.
Activity Tracked: Page views will be tracked with each additional load (i.e. when you scroll down to the bottom of the page and a new set of posts loads automatically).
Who we share your data with
This website does not share your personal information with any other third parties.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users who subscribe to the blog, we store user-provided email addresses indefinitely, only for the purposes of emailing subscribers updates on new recipes. Subscribers may unsubscribe at any time. If they do so, their email(s) will be automatically deleted from our files.
What rights you have over your data
If you subscribed to the blog or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
For security reasons, visitor comments are checked through a spam detection service.
- SurLaTable.com operates in a similar way through the Rakuten Marketing Program. You may read more about the Rakuten Marketing Program in their Publisher Membership Agreement here.
- Google’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to you based on your visit to this site and/or other sites on the internet.
Affiliate Marketing Disclosures
- We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- We are also a participant in the SurLaTable.com Affiliate Marketing Program through Rakuten Marketing. Rakuten Marketing is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to SurLaTable.com.
We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission. Disclosures subject to change without notice, and last updated on 05.19.2018. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.